Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 15 of 15

Thread: 604 Project Update

  1. #11
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yes Val, Oak it is.
    I built most of the furniture in our home and it is in the Mission style so the wife gave the OK as long as they matched the rest of our suroundings.

    I just get quite a kick these days when guys say "The boss gave the go ahead", as long as they will match the rest of our stuff!

    We do have some room here. As long as the insides are right, the exterior can be made to match just about any decore with no adverse effect to the sound, Problems solved!

    Gary

  2. #12
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here is what I had to build to get one of my turntables into the living room.

    Don't get me wrong, she keeps thing looking great and I keep things sounding great.

    15

    Left completely up to me there would probably be a pair of Grey A-7s and a stack of cinder blocks under the TT shelf.

    Gary

  3. #13
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Seadweller.

    As I said, I had to conform to the rules for HER living room and although I love to watch the woofs with the grills off, she absolutely hates it when I do. Fortunately they sound the same either way so I do have MY speakers and MY turntable in HER living room and all is happy in gamalot land.

    Hope yours turn out exactly how you want them and give you the sound you seek.

    Gary

  4. #14
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I approved the final drawings today, and my goodness, while done by hand, they look like they were printed from a CAD system...

    Looks like I'm about 30 days out now.......

  5. #15
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Wow Gary, those speakers are gorgeous! I really like the grills, as it gives the system a vintage look.

    I believe my speakers will also look more like a piece of furniture, because as I mentioned, the cabinet maker is all about how the eye perceives dimension, so he is going to create "sections" and subtle dimension changes that break up the monolithic look. You've done the same with your grills, as the eye doesn't just see a big box.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.